KOTM updated

Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's obvious why I've been away from by blog... I don't nearly have enough time for it anymore it seems! I'm constantly fishing non-food items out of Darbi's mouth or making sure she's not getting into anything she's not supposed to be into. I really just chase her around all day now!! But I love it! Kids On The Move finally came out today to do their PT evaluation on Darbi. How come we waited so long to do this?! They are awesome! Even though Darbi has started to crawl, they want to stick around until she is 2 years actual because that is when she ceases to have an adjusted age.. according to them.

So next Tuesday we have another meeting to set goals for D like walking, speaking 15-20 words, doing signs, eating different foods.. blah-bity-blah. Thinks we'd like to see her doing in the next 6 months... then we'll really get crackin'. A lot of things I'd like to see Darbi doing in the next 6 months probably aren't realistic but she's pretty special so I wouldn't put it past her. I really really like our PT! She's super nice but also makes sure I know what she's doing, why she's doing it, and what she honestly thinks. I think this will be a great thing.. Darbi was a little sweetheart the entire time. Usually she'll shy up when meeting new people but she was BFF with our PT.

We'll get a full print out evaluation of where she is on the adjusted age chart next week I think.. I can't remember all of the details but our PT was super helpful. She is a little worried that Darbi has a sensory issue. So this week we will be getting down and dirty with her food. I hope she doesn't get too mad...

I'm embarrassed that I keep calling her "our PT" but I honestly, for the life of me, canNOT remember her name!!!! Don't tell her that... I'll pick it up one of these days. I think she may have left me a voicemail a few weeks ago. I should listen to that again...

2 Wisecracks:

Shari Romney Family!! said...

She is so cute! Thats great that you got PT now for Darbi!! Nixon has sensory issues and it is a lot of work but it so great once you see the improvements that are made from just the tiny bit changes that are made!

Megan B ♥ said...

All sounds like great, great stuff!! That's interesting on the sensory issue stuff. I wouldn't have guessed that about Darbs. Bubbles in the bath might be fun!