Moving Day!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let me start with I. HATE. MOVING. But I love it at the same time. Our new place is so much bigger and I feel strangely liberated now that I have a washer/dryer. It will be strange to actually have to think about doing laundry during the day as I never ever EVER thought about it. My daily routine will change and I think I'll be a better Mom/Wife because I actually have a schedule to do housework since I have so much more space to clean!

Things I love about the new place:

- when Darbi is asleep, nothing wakes her up anymore! She shares 2 walls with the outside of the building, 1 wall with our bathroom, and 1 wall with the stairs from the living room.
- central air AND a ceiling fan in our bedroom! Such luxury I tell you! :)
- W/D. Can I say it enough???
- a backyard (to share with 7 other families but I don't care!!)
- gigantic kitchen! Comparatively...
- shower/bathtub combo.. I seriously missed taking a real bath for 2 years
- Darbi's room is HUMONGOUS!! Plenty of room to have a scrappy room/baby room = happy mama!
- our own separate garbage can (it felt a little weird taking the trash to the curb since I haven't done that since I lived in AZ before I was married!)
- upstairs AND downstairs (which reminds me... Darbi already knows how to climb stairs.. video to come and another gate to buy)
- crazy storage!

I feel so spoiled. There's more but I need to get to the pictures before I fall asleep. I have been way too exhausted to blog but it's always on the back of my mind. I've got 250+ entries to read in my Google Reader!


On moving day I sent my Mom over to the new apartment with Darbi so she could help us get organized and also for Darbi to kind of get a feel for the new digs. I would call my Mom and she would put the phone to D's ear so I could talk to her. This is her face while I'm saying hello.. Isn't that ADORABLE?? I sure am loved... :)


Just being silly with uncle Kade the morning of the big move.


Isn't she adorable?? :D


This was her setup in our new kitchen with my Mom. The floors were freezing and I forgot to keep some other clothes for her unpacked. Whoops. I LOVE my new kitchen!


Reading books on her pile of blankets while Grandma cleans.


Looking cool with uncle Jed Sunday morning after an EXHAUSTING night. She didn't sleep well but I'm hoping tonight goes better.

3 Wisecracks:

Stephanie said...

Oh, I hate moving too. I'm so glad you are in a bigger place now and it looks really nice. Yay for a washer and dryer of your own! It really does make such a big difference so I can see why you are excited.

Megan B ♥ said...

You may have to think about doing laundry, but now you can think "whoa! I need to do laundry and I CAN do laundry" instead of sniffing something and saying "how many more times can I go through this? Is it REALLY dirty or just kinda dirty?" I HATE MOVING TOO, but maybe you remember that. It was so much worse than I expected. Congrats on the central air! It's going to be a great summer, wahoo!! Congrats on the awesome new digs. I'm so thrilled for you guys!

Aimee said...

Yay for a new place! Change is good sometimes, -really- good. :)