Sunroof Carwash DISASTER

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

See my wet shirt? Wanna hear a funny story? :) While we were in AZ, Mom's car got dirty. Did you know Costco has a seriously amazing carwash?! Well they do... so we took Mom's car through it. Darbi is terrified of any drive-through carwash so we pulled her into the front seat. Mom thought to take video.. unfortunately we stopped it too early. But BEFORE you watch it.. lemme tell you a story.
While Mom was videoing, I thought it would be kind of dark so I tried to turn the light on... but that happens to be right next to that stupid little button that opens/vents the sunroof. See where this is going?? So the sunroof's shade was closed and we couldn't see the window... So we continue on through the carwash and I keep looking up the make sure no water is coming in. I don't have a sunroof in my car and it was so dark so I didn't know if I really opened it or not. Then Mom stops recording... and simultaneously, I think how cool would it look out the window of the sunroof as we were going through the carwash?! Pretty cool right?! Then I could inconspicuously check to see if I had "vented" it earlier... pretty crappy logic, right? So I slide the shade open and start mildly panicking.. Mom catches on to my panicking... and tries to close the sunroof. Apparently she didn't know which button to push either because she OPENED THE SUNROOF IN THE CARWASH!!!! I totally blamed it on her but it was really my fault. :) It was like a waterfall!! Anyway.. here's the video. We didn't catch the waterfall action but around :51 you can see my face when I KNOW that the sunroof is open. :)


5 Wisecracks:

Heather Vincent said...

That's just your luck! This is something you will laugh at later...maybe! The video clip of Darbi is so cute!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Awesome! I wish she had caught that on video that would have been America's Funniest Home Videos for sure!

Megan B ♥ said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Megan B ♥ said...

You have such an adventuresome life :)

Holly Thaxton said...

Darbi is so cute!
i love her
- linkin does nOt like the carwash either !
he usually covers his eyes.