Caffeine addict

Thursday, February 19, 2009

We're up to 995 grams! Almost into quadruple digits! 2 pounds 3 ounces. Her PICC line came out today which means she has nothing poking into her skin anymore. All we have is a feeding tube, breathing tube, and leads stuck to her skin (heart rate monitor, temperature taker, etc). Now all of her nutrition is coming strictly from my milk and any medicine she gets is mixed in with the milk. Her only medicine is some kind of sedative (for when she's fiesty) and CAFFEINE!! I knew she was having withdrawls.. I lived off of Dr. Pepper when I was pregnant and she's had a caffeine headache since she was born, I'm sure. No.. The caffeine is really to help her respiratory system. Kind of helps jump start her into breathing on her own.

Now look at some pretty pictures taken by my friend Becky. Too dang cute.



5 Wisecracks:

Aimee said...

CUTE pics! And, YAY for losing the PICC line!

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, those are AWEsome pictures! Love the arm slung lazily over her head in the last one! I'm so happy she has lost so many machines! I really believe this girl will be home long before her due date!

Toni said...

That's great Audrey!! I'm so glad she is doing so well. What a fighter!

Natasha & Jacob said...

The last pic is her sick of the paparazzi pose! Can't a girl get some oxygen by herself these days!

Suzanne said...

That last pic made me teary... she is so adorable! (And perhaps a little dramatic??)