First time in Vegas

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Do you believe it?! This is happening right. now. I'm blogging. Be forewarned. Picture overload.

So in the middle of March, we decided to take a little trip down to Vegas. It was Clint's spring break and this was a huge deal for us because we never just take a vacation. It's always to go see family and spend time with them. And that is not a bad thing! At all!! But this time we got to just relax and sight see. With family. :) Jed & Jen met up with us and shared a hotel (to help with the cost!) :) and to have a blast with us!!

We drove down on Thursday afternoon and came back the following Sunday. So here we go:

When we got to Vegas, after checking out our awesome hotel (Planet Hollywood on the 31st floor!!!) we went out to find dinner. After walking the strip ON St. Patrick's Day (it was so crazy..) and feeling like I swept up the evils of Las Vegas with the hems of my pants, we stopped at Serendipity for dinner! We ordered take out and ate it on the patio. It was actually a pretty horrible experience - customer service-wise but the food was pretty good. Clint accidentally ordered a "bunless" double hamburger and it was hilarious!! We ordered their famous frozen hot chocolate and loved it!


These hand painted umbrellas were decorating the Bellagio ceiling and I kind love them! I though about doing something similar for Darbi's room.. maybe soon... maybe someday. I'm kind of lacking the motivation now.

Ok. This picture may look like nothing (and it kind of is) but right below and to the left of those bluish lights, is ASHLEY filming a one-on-one date for THE BACHELORETTE!!! Now I'm not a frequent Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher. I've seen maybe 3 seasons ever. I guess that's kind of a lot.
But we watched last season of The Bachelor and we got to know the girls and now I saw one in Vegas! And it's funny because we kept joking about how of all the helicopters taking tours over Vegas, one of them had to have a Bachelor/Bachelorette couple in them on a date for the show. We were so right!!! We walked past them while they were walking/talking and we might be on tv.. I'll be watching this season for sure. :)

Our view from our hotel room - ON THE 31ST FLOOR! :) I've never stayed in a real Vegas hotel-on-the-strip before. Can you tell. :)

Darbi being cute on our bed and playing hide and seek with Jed.

Looking at the view through her snazzy new sunglasses from Jen. Thanks Jen!

On day 2 (Friday), Clint, D, & I took a little white trash trip to the famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop from the show Pawn Stars. Does it seem like we watch too much tv. Because I think we do. :) Meh. They have so pretty cool stuff but we were there at like 5 so the "Pawn Stars" weren't in. We bought Clint a keychain just because and I think this was the highlight of the trip for Clint. :)



The most awesome buffet deal ever = $54 a person (Darbi was free) and you get unlimited buffet admittance in 7 different buffets along the strip for 24 HOURS!!! It totally saved us so much money on food! We ate at the buffet 4 times & at 3 different hotels. Dinner @ Harrah's (kinda sucky), Breakfast @ Planet Hollywood (pretty good), Lunch @ Paris (AMAZING), and Dinner @ Paris again. It was THAT good! The plan was to hit the Rio for dinner but the Paris hotel was much closer.

Side note - all through my pregnancy (feels like a zillion years ago and like it lasted only a millisecond - because it kind of did) I craved crab, which is totally weird because I'm not a seafood person. Anyway. I ate a ton of crab.

Went to the Shark Reef @ Mandalay Bay. Darbi loved it! A bit pricey for tiny sharks. :(

Jed & Jen at the Paris for lunch (or dinner). Not sure.

Went to the M&M Factory. It was so pretty! We bought teal, pink, & purple M&M's.

Then we went to the Coke factory and tried the 16 Coke flavors of the world or something. It was fun and slightly disgusting! Worst flavor ever - The Beverly from Italy. I think there was dry heaving and tongue scraping involved. Yeah. Gross. We dared Clint to down the rest of the cup and he did. We didn't even give him anything for doing it. I felt kinda bad. OH it was so gross!

There were street performers dressed as both Elmo & Minnie Mouse. Two of Darbi's favorites. I didn't get a good picture of Darbi with Elmo but this is her looking at him. She makes his really high pitched sound when she screams "Elmo!!" It's so cute!

Almost all of the pictures of Darbi with her characters had Clint pointing at the camera like that. Silly boy..

Our last night there, we finally made a point to see the Bellagio Fountains. They were so beautiful! I would have loved to stay and watch more shows but it was already like 9:30 and Darbi was getting restless.

We had so much fun and we are already planning another trip there in August. Some geek hacker convention or something...

Touche for making it all the way down here. Unless you were on this trip or my parents, this was probably the most boring post ever. Sorry! :)

5 Wisecracks:

Holly Thaxton said...

love the pictures!! This trip looks so SO fun. I love those painted umbrellas too!! Darbi is such a little sweetheart! I have always wanted to go to the m&m factory!!! Your little family is so cute.

Danielle said...

So glad to see you are still alive! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip. You totally deserve a break! Call me so we can scrapbook!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Fun! So is this Jen friend does she have a ring on her finger or what?

Jen Howick said...

did you blow $70 on M&Ms like we did?

Megan B ♥ said...

I thought we were the only dorks who never miss an episode of Pawn Stars! I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!! I can't stand Corey, but I love everybody else. He just reminds me of a big sleazy rat with piggy eyes.