I think I love Thanksgiving the best.

Monday, December 6, 2010

I think I love Thanksgiving the best.. More food, less stress in the money area, AND it's all about being thankful. Christmas is great but I think the message is easily lost in the excitement of all the lights and presents. Thanksgiving is sweet and simple.. and tasty! This year, we spent the
long weekend with my family in Idaho. Remember that ridiculous "Blizzard of 2010"?? We were
all set to leave Wednesday but with the ominous threats from the news about this storm, we left
Tuesday and ended up getting stuck in it worse than if we had left Wednesday. We had fine weather until we crossed the border into Idaho. Then it was like a wall of fog and bam! Crappy roads. We had chains with us but didn't actually need them until we hit my Grandparents driveway. There was a 3 foot snow drift blocking our way and chains or not, we weren't getting through. I think 8 different cars stopped to try and help us, 2 were cops and we had to get pulled
back 2 different times. To top it off, Clint was in shorts AND it was -2 degrees NOT counting the wind chill! What a man. :)

Wednesday we headed up to a cabin in Island Park we rented for the weekend and surprise,
surprise, got stuck in that driveway too. The chains pulled through and we were fine. Then, we
drove back down to Sugar City for Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family.

OH funny story. We totally saw a Moose and her calf in the road on the way to the cabin except I was freaking out because Clint told me, like 20 minutes before, that even if you're in the car, a
moose will kill you! He said that if you hit one their antlers/bodies crash right through the windshield and instantly kill the passengers!! I was a maniac! I was stressing out so bad thinking that they were going to charge us! Even my hands were falling asleep. I'm such a baby..

Trip highlights:
- the "hazardous" drive to ID
- Getting stuck in the driveway - TWICE
- Darbi's first nosebleed from slamming her face into the ground from slipping on the super slick
cabin wood floors.
- Me forgetting my winter coat. Dumb, I know.
- Snowmobiles and snowshoeing
- Darbi mastered saying "Hi Gigi" (for grandma) and "Hi Paca" (for grandpa)
- Darbi playing in the snow for the first time
- Chili and cream of broccoli soup after being outside
- the stuffing at Thanksgiving dinner (I don't know who made it but it was AWESOME)
- Clint says "Watching my Patriots WALLOP the Lions"
- Grandpa's new big screen TV!

Picture overload.

The cabin.

Darbi makes this face all the time and it's my FAVORITE!! PURE excitement!!

Dad and his brothers after Thanksgiving dinner.

Darbi in the snow! First time ever!









Clint on the snowmobile!





2 Wisecracks:

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Adorable!Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Megan B ♥ said...

We braved that storm to Idaho as well. What kind of nut jobs are we anyway? Do we think we're all kinds of invincible or something? Just because we defy the odds every OTHER day? ;) Miss you! Post more... or come eat. I make a mean Thanksgiving stuffing!