What's for dinner?

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lately I've been trying to recipes for dinner to get me excited about cooking. Against all that Clint and other family members will say, I can cook. I just don't like to. Also, my Grandma Hillman laughs at me because anytime she makes anything, I ask her which box it came out of. :) She hates that! Then she yells at me and gives me all her yummy made-from-scratch recipes. But
I hate doing all the prep and I especially hate cleaning up. Which is odd because once I'm in the mood to clean, you can't stop me. I'll clean and organize everything in sight. Also odd, once I get everything ready, and I'm in the middle of cooking, I don't mind it at all. I think because the end is in sight and that means a full tummy with super yummy food. I just have to keep that in mind when it comes around to dinnertime and I need to be a better meal planner. Anyway.. here are a few things we've tried lately..

Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms
This one is a Pioneer Woman recipe. It was pretty good.. My mistake was to mix the sauce with the entire 1 lb. bag of angel hair pasta. Don't do that. It will just taste like pasta. Either I skipped that part of the recipe or maybe I really can't cook! It was ok. Clint and I really liked it but we might leave the bacon out next time.. If we make it again.



Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas
These were AWESOME. They came from a website my friend Amy found and she's tried a bunch of other recipes on this site and has had super luck with them. PLUS it's super low cal IF you follow the recipe. :) We just used green enchilada sauce from a can and I didn't add cilantro or scallions to the top. ALSO, I didn't have green chilies so I borrowed some jalapenos from my neighbor (thanks Stephanie!) and they were CAR-AZY good! And hot... from both ends. :( TMI. Remember, I'm watching out for you. :) I'm DEFINITELY making these again. Probably with chilies next time, as per Clint's request. ;)



Thai Chicken Pasta
This has become one of mine and Clint's ALL TIME FAVORITE meal. We try to make it at least once a week. It's SOOOO yummy. It calls for 1 tsp of Chili Garlic Sauce and we add quite a bit more. We like a little spice.. just not as much as the enchiladas with the jalapenos. :)
Also, ANYTHING from this website is good. Megan only posts 5 star recipes that she's tried and had success with and I LOVE IT. Thanks Megan!

Brushed and Baked BBQ Chicken Rolls
These sandwiches are to die for!! I took them to one of the girls I visit teach after she had her baby and she immediately texted me demanding the recipe. :)
Let me know if any of you try any of these and what you think! I hope you like them!!

4 Wisecracks:

Briana Jensen said...

Just planned my while menu for the week! Thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Wow can you come cook for me??

Aimee said...

Thanks for posting some new recipes! We're in a dinner funk lately. I definitely want to give all of those a try. :) I post our family favorites here.

Megan B ♥ said...

Heeeeeeeey, I didn't know you tried the bbq rolls!! Yay, I am SO glad they were such a hit!