Stumped.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010


Darbi's heart monitor. I HATE IT. It goes off all the time now! I think this is a major step backwards for us too. Since the RSV incident, we turned Darbi up from 1/32L to 1/16L. We've stayed there since then, just in case. And since the RSV incident, her alarm has been going off in the middle of the night, showing that her heart rate drops below 70 bpm. Sometimes it could be a mistake but every night??

Over the weekend, I was up almost every hour checking on her after that noisy thing would go off. And sometimes I wouldn't even hear the heart monitor through the baby monitor (even though we are SOOOO grateful Becky for letting us use it! I'm serious!! :) So we went and bought a new one today and it's AWESOME. Except with the baby monitor next to my bed, it's literally like the heart monitor is going off IN MY HEAD.


So last night, I turned her up to 1/8L and that seemed to help. The alarm didn't go off for the rest of the night and it was glorious! Tonight, she went down at 9 and the alarm went off 9:45. I turned her up (because I forgot when I initially put her to bed) and it has gone off at 10:10, 10:30, and 11:15. Clint turned her up to 1/4L (which is what we came home on remember..) and so far we are good.


This may be a long night. We had the information downloaded from our heart monitor and sent to our Dr. last week. I'll be calling in the morning to try and figure out what is going on. Maybe it's just bad wires... maybe not...

5 Wisecracks:

The Plum Verbena said...

I am so sorry Audrey! That must be so frustrating. When we thought originally that we would be coming home with a monitor my Doctor told us that they were rarely accurate?? (which seems really counter-productive...)
I hope you get some answers and some sleep soon though!!

Deidre said...

Yikes. Everything in life is so much harder when you are tired! I hope both you and Darbi are ok.

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh wow, Audrey. Keep us posted.

CP said...

We don't think it's a technical glitch. At least with the machine anyway. We just got the machine on Friday. The machine before was behaving the same way. We're going to have them bring out a new cable though. We've had issues in the past with defective cables.

Team Skousen said...

She sure is a cute little sleeper! I hope they can figure it out soon!