Progress

Monday, March 22, 2010


We are so so so SOOOO close to crawling!! Right now Darbi is scooting backwards but every time I have to go somewhere, Clint will call me and tell me she's crawling! She's really not... It's making me crazy.. So scooted herself almost all the way under the couch.. We were laughing so hard!! I would have let her keep going but she started crying.. It was pretty funny.

However, in the last week, she has EXPLODED in baby talents!! If placed on her tummy, she can move up to her knees and back onto her bum into a sitting position.. and vise versa. She can also go up onto just her knees from her bum! She tries really hard to pull up into a standing position but we're still a few movements away from that feat.

Darbi still has not rolled from her back to her tummy... If I lay her on her back, she's like a fish out of water. She kicks and flails but if she would only roll over to her tummy, she'd have no problem getting into a sitting position!

However...

Today when I woke up, I could hear her making little noises while she played in her crib but hadn't called out for me to come get her. I decided to get dressed, go to the bathroom, and put my contacts in. About 5 minutes later, I open her door and find this...


Ignore the Christmas jammies. :) She had to have had rolled from her back to her tummy to get here!! I have never seen her use anything to pull herself up from her back into a sitting position so that's all I can come up with. I think we're going to have to move the crib mattress down now! Also, notice how her heart monitor strap is around her belly? Our strap was pretty worn out, as were our leads and cord that plugs into the machine. Since we had her heart rate number on the monitor decreased to 60bpm the monitor has not been going off for a low heart rate but it has been going off for a bad connection. We had everything replaced tonight so hopefully the monitor will not go off anymore.

Other recent updates.. Because of her delay in rolling over and crawling, we finally qualify for Kids on the Move. Sometime this week or next, I will have PT out here to do a full evaluation and hopefully we can really get moving on this. This last year, we've had Welcome Baby out to help us with D. They were extremely helpful though and I'm so glad they came out but I don't think we are on track to be "caught up" by the time Darbi is 2 (actually, not adjusted). I have completely enjoyed having a baby that needs me all the time for as long as I have! It's weird to think that, if born on time, could be walking right now! Blows my mind...

Also.. in other news. She is an angel to put to bed these days! That is my favorite part of the day! Around 8:00 every night, whether she's acting tired or not, we'll go into her room, nurse and then I hold her while she wraps her arms around me and buries her face into my neck. She'll just lay there... she usually doesn't fall asleep until I lay her down and walk out of the room but I could stand there all night snuggling like that.. I absolutely LOVE IT.

Seriously... best. baby. ever. :)

5 Wisecracks:

Karalee said...

She is so close to crawling. Going backwards is what Joshua did right before going forwards. Once I was pumping and he backed under his pack'n'play and I tried to pull him out towards me, and but I didn't realize there were bars under there, so he got totally stuck and started screaming. Oops.

Glad you are going to start getting the help you need. When Joshua was screened I mentioned that catching up by two would be a feat for him and he wasn't severaly premature, I asked how long really early babies take. They said sometimes up to age 5. So as long as she keeps progressing don't worry too much but take advantage of all the services you can get.

The Grady's said...

she is so stinkin cute! She is making such amazing progress...go big D!

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL! That oxygen mask and sweet little face isn't foolin' anyone! PT, SchmeeTee! Go, Big D!

Team Skousen said...

Aww she sounds like such a fun baby! She's adorable as usual :) I love her christmas jammies!

Heather Vincent said...

Great picture of Darbi under the couch! She will be crawling before you know it.