ZUMBA!!!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Last year, I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred everyday and I lost 10 pounds in a month. A 28 minute workout that kicked my butt and I actually looked forward to it everyday because it was SO easy at the same time! Crazy right? Well.. then Darbi got RSV and we went into survival mode. I got off track. I gained it all back throughout the rest of the year plus a little even though I tried to get back in my old routine.

So this year, I said, I'm really gonna lose weight.. for reals! REALLY this time. Right?? I didn't have a plan. I lost nothing. Big surprise, I know. But then my sis-in-law told me about Zumba. I was super awkward the first time and I felt stupid but I learned that you don't look stupid even if you feel stupid! Does that make sense?? Who cares what I look like?! Everyone is doing the same thing and feeling great doing it! I'm SO in love with Zumba!! I go twice a week, and when I can squeeze it in (thanks to my Grandma's help!) I go 3 times a week. Maybe this sounds weird but I actually feel more confident because of it. And anytime I hear fun dance music on the radio I just want to move and dance! It's so good because now I dance all around the house while I'm cleaning and stuff. Kind of embarrassing but I don't care!! At least I'm burning calories. I've lost a little weight but I'm definitely on track to lose a ton more! And I don't care if it's just a fad and I'm jumping on the bandwagon. It's working and it's totally worth it.

And I want everyone to come with me! It's seriously SO FUN!!! It doesn't feel like a workout. I go every Tuesday and Thursday night from 8:30-9:30. Let me know if you want to go! The first time is free and YOU. WILL. LOVE. IT.

3 Wisecracks:

Kel said...

Oh I soooooo love zumba it has to be the funnest form of exersise by far!!! Hope you guys are good!!

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

My sister wants me to buy Kinect Zumba so we can do it together (she's in Texas and I'm in Ohio). I was hesitant because it sounded kind of lame. What you described reminded me of when I used to do Jazzercize in college (dancey aerobics). I've never been a dancer but, while I did Jazzercize, I felt like I was! My sister just had her baby last week so it'll be a few weeks before we can work out together. Anyway, I think I just may buy that Zumba game, afterall! Thanks :-)

Lindsay said...

I love zumba!!! I started going back in October and I go almost every single day! Where do you go? I go on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 8:30 also.