So Sneaky

Saturday, August 22, 2009

In order to help Darbi move along a little quicker with developing her motor skills, our Welcome Baby nurse recommended we get one of those play mat/gym things for D. It's also to help with tummy time apparently... she still hates it. I've been looking on KSL like crazy but haven't found one clean enough - for a price I'm willing to pay - at a distance I'm willing to drive. We decided to use one of our gifty cards to Wal-mark to invest in this apparent MUST HAVE play toy. As soon as I got home, we laid her right down and she hated it. It took a minute to get her eyes to focus on the toys that were 2 cm away from her face but she started to kind of like it. It will take time.. I know. She's still not a toy player. Anyway. She's yelling and swinging her arms and hitting toys but not like she's mad so we left her there for a minute. Clint was on my lappy on the couch and I started to pick up the apartment. We noticed that she stopped yelling and we laughed that this thing will just put her to sleep.. but on closer inspection.....


SHE'S WATCHING ESPN. Look at her sprawled out lookin' all lazy - tryin' to look like she's playing with toys but really catching up on baseball. She is SO her father's daughter. We are big baseball nuts though... it's in her blood. We didn't notice that the tv was in such an easy gazing distance for her initially.. we were just trying out her shiny new toy! I am all innocence! I swear!

She is so sneaky. She pops her little cannula prongs out with a sly little flick of her thumb and I have to watch her so closely sometimes! She hates that thing. I'm sure I would too. Last night, she was rubbing her nose like crazy and when she does that I have to really watch her because I know she's going to try her stealth-like-cannula-removal tactics. I look closer and right under her nose it looked slightly redder than normal. She had a bloody nose. I was freaking out.. ALMOST in tears. It wasn't a bad one though.. or really one at all. I called the After-Hours-Call-Us-Because-You-Are-Paranoid-Office and the nurse said that if she really had a bloody nose serious enough to require real panicking.. I would know it. A little residue, she said, was probably because her nose was dry and I just needed to moisturize. Crisis averted. I'm sure the rubbing didn't help though. She's so sneaky...

7 Wisecracks:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Her new toy is so cute! And you're right... she's a sneaky one!!! Babies are so funny!

jessica said...

Atleast she looks adorable with her new toy. SOOOO CUTE!

Aimee said...

Too cute! We got Connor a play gym, too... and it's been some of the best money we've spent so far. It's a GREAT babysitter if I have things I need to do around the house, plus it's really helped with his fine-motor skills, too. He does the same as Darbi... tries to sneak a peek of TV every now and again - I just end up spinning him around to make it more difficult for him.

Becky Bean said...

I wish my doctor had an "after-hours-call-us-because-you-are-paranoid" office!

Audrey said...

Just call mine! :) They don't know you don't see that doctor! They never ask!

Megan B ♥ said...

Yeah, she and Crew can watch Fox News together sometime...

The Grady's said...

super sneaky babies are the most fun! She is so cute...and soooo big!