At least we know it works...

Friday, October 16, 2009

Guess who's heart monitor when off for real at 2 this morning?!

That's right. Last night was rough night. Between 11 and 2 she woke up 6 times screaming. After the 5th time is when the heart monitor went off to which she woke up screaming. Sometimes it's because the leads are in the wrong spot but the strap was tight. All day yesterday, while she was napping, I noticed that she would hold her breath for a few seconds then take some super long deep breaths. She never does that. So I knew that this alarm had to be for real. After the alarm went off and I put her back to sleep, I thought to maybe check her oxygen tank. I just barely changed it so I knew it was on but once again, the knob on the side got bumped to zero. She was only without oxygen for less than a day but once I turned it up, she slept... but only until 330... then 630... then 830. Neither of us got much sleep. Just when we think the oxygen is about to be gone.. It will probably be sticking around for a while.. a long while. :(

I'm super glad that I had the monitor on. It's big, loud, and annoying and it is so easy to not want to turn it on or lug it anywhere because it hasn't gone off since MAY. I'm sure glad we had it last night though...

3 Wisecracks:

Megan B ♥ said...

Blech. :(


I still wonder though... maybe dipping once in 5 months or so is totally normal? We would never know, would we, without the monitors? I don't know, just grasping here. Can't wait to hear what your ped says at next visit!

Alison said...

How frightening!!

Hope you manage a couple of naps this weekend.

Team Skousen said...

Scary! Glad she's okay :)