Twenty-Ten

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This past week has been a very reflective one for me. Last year's new year was not cause for celebration.. and yet, I guess.. it kind of was. We spent the day worrying, sleeping, stressing, recovering, crying... most of the day I don't really remember. I'm sort of glad for that. Day 1 of 2009 started off a little rocky but slowly got better. I'm happy to say that Day 1 of 2010 was a heck of a lot better. Looking back, the year flew by and I'm pretty sure I'm a completely different person now. I wouldn't change it for anything though. I have learned so much about myself and about who I want to be. I've learned that there is no right or wrong way to be a Mom.. hopefully the way I'm doing it will be good enough.

I've never been one for making resolutions and sticking to them. I've never really made resolutions. At least not during the New Year. However, January 1st has a special place in my heart and that day, to me, is the definition of change. My whole world changed on January 1st. Therefore, I think it's time I make some changes. I have decided 2010 will be my year. I am going to be the best I can be in every area I can. I won't stress over it but I think that it will bring me more happiness. I have put myself on hold this last year, for obvious reasons. In order for me to be a better wife and mom, I need to make sure that I take time to keep my goals, needs (and sometimes wants) in check. This is it. I've been reading about taking on a word to define the year. There are so many to choose from but I think the one that defines my current situation is VITALITY. The power to live or grow. My favorite definition - the capacity for survival or for the continuation of a meaningful or purposeful existence.

I want to cut out the negativity and drama that sometimes forces its way into my life and I won't tolerate it. This is going to be a fabulous year for our little family. I have a ton of other goals that I have mentally set for myself. I should post them so as to hold me to them... but I'm not brave enough for that. One thing I know is I have decided that no matter what this year brings, I'll be happy about it!

0 Wisecracks: