Unfortunate Events

Friday, January 29, 2010

I didn't go running today. It was all in the plan but today took a bad turn. Not bad. Just unfortunate. Well.. there were two unfortunate occurances today but the reason I did not go running was because my car broke. :( I was leaving our pediatrician's office because D had her Synagis shot today and the spring (I think) in the ignition is broken. Or something. Ask Clint. So he came down from work, tried to figure out if he could fix it, then realized he couldn't because of the air bag, then had to leave for Ogden. SO.. I had to call a tow truck and have it taken to an auto shop to sit there until Monday. Dumb. So tomorrow is running day #1 and I'm EXCITED!!

Unfortunate event #2.
We found out at the pediatrican that Darbi, for 2 months now, has not gained weight. :( She was 14 pounds 2 ounces at the beginning of December, 14 pounds 9 ounces mid January, and back to 14 pounds 2 ounces today. For the last two weight checks, we weighed multiple times just to make sure. UGH. Our feeding plan has just changed and now I am even more a slave to Darbi but ALSO to a hospital grade pump again. :( BOO. And I thought we had parted ways once and for all.

So now I will wake up, feed Darbi some solids as best I can - then top her off with a bottle of frozen breastmilk fortified with Nutramigen to make sure she's full. Then I pump. I nurse her one or two times, then give another bottle of breastmilk and Nutramigen midday, then I pump. I nurse for one or two more times and in the evening we try another solid and then you guessed it... ANOTHER bottle of breastmilk/Nutramigen yumminess. THEN I pump. I am not supposed to let her go longer than 3 hours between feedings. I convieniently forgot to ask if that counts while she's sleeping so I vote that it doesn't and we'll all sleep for a lovely 9-12 hours! :)
Oh the things I do for this girl.

But she was super cute after her appointment while we were waiting for Clint to come get us...


I sat her in her car seat and she maneuvered herself into this position all by herself. She was cracking me up!!!

9 Wisecracks:

Danielle said...

Holy smokes, my little Maggie is going to pass her up. We weighed her yesterday at her 2 months check up and she was 12 lbs! She is a chunker. I hope you can get that little Darbster eating and gaining some weight!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Thats to bad! Im sorry! I hope she will have a huge growth spurt and gain weight!

The Wigginton Family said...

Audrey...you are a saint! You have been pumping your life away for SO LONG and I, for one, bow down to your amazingness! Sorry that Darbi is not gaining weight. That is such a bummer. But at least she is cute, right? I can't believe all the smiles you get. I LOVE it. And the picture of her in the crib after pulling off her oxygen...priceless! Love to you all!

Megan B ♥ said...

She is so silly and so wiggly!! You've made me nervous to go to the pediatrician with my shrimp.

Heather Vincent said...

Oh, Darbi is so cute! She always seems so happy. I was looking at her pictures in the sidebar on the blog, and she has come so far. I love how she wiggles herself to the opposite end of the seat.

The Grady's said...

she is sooooo cute!

Tim "n" Tracy McMillan (TNT McMillan) said...

Hey you don't know me, but Karalee Nix told me to write you and ask if you know any good doctors that do high risk pregnancies and will deliver at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. My first son (he's now 2) was born at 24 weeks, and I've recently become pregnant, so I need to find a new OB. If you have any suggestions that would be great, and you can just comment on my blog. Your little girl is so cute, and I hope she is doing well. It's a tough job taking care of these little ones, but so worth it!

Aimee said...

How cute is she?! LOVE those pics!

That's frustrating about the growth issues... and the pumping regimen. I've pretty much always had C on a 3-hr feeding schedule... which has been hard when we're running to appointments, but somehow, we've figured out how to work around it. (Of course, my body stopped producing his food long ago!)

Kel said...

You can call me a blog stalker,and I am but I have followed your blog, since we kinda met through crew and megans blog ( we were in the NICU too).....Darbi is precious,she is so stinkin cute, and TOUGH!! These little babies amaze me EVERYDAY!!!! You are UNBEIVEABLE!!!! I mean I had a ton of milk, but for you to keep it upp for this long!!!!! You seriously derserve a metal, or a big fat chocoalte brownie, that really is admirable to do that for so long...but hey you have somebdy that is worth it!!!! Your family is so cute and I love that we have crossed paths, maybe we could have a playdate with crew and the gang!!