Where have I been???

Thursday, January 28, 2010

WOW I've been in a funk. A blogging, cleaning, exercising, bill paying, unmotivated funk... I have not been in the mood to do ANYTHING. UGH. I'm trying to pull myself out of it. These dreary Utah winter days are getting to me. And I don't even go outside much. I sit at home and play with Darbi. That is all I want to do!!! She gets cuter and cuter by the hour. I'm not kidding. I love this kid!! We're so close to crawling it's crazy! But knowing us, that will translate into... Darbi won't actually crawl for 2 more months. We'll see. I'm hoping that one of these days I'll turn my back while she's playing on the floor and I'll find her across the room. She wants to SO BADLY. It's killing me!! I work so hard with her everyday. But I guess that will really be the end of my life. I'm sure nothing will get done after that. Just like nothing gets done now. :)

I've actually been talking a ton of pictures and videos but obviously haven't shared them because of the aforementioned funk. Mom got me the Project Life kit by Becky Higgins for Christmas and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It will seriously be so easy. So. Easy. Essentially, I will be taking a picture a day, which in reality means I'll just do a two page layout of the week and most of the pictures will be of one day. :) I'm doing really well so far and it's not as hard as I anticipated. I'll be working on the majority of January this Saturday so hopefully I'll post what it looks like so you are all motivated to get your 2010 pictures organized. I'm telling you! SO. EASY.

I've been exercising. LIKE CRAZY. Well.. up until a week ago... like crazy. :) Jillian Michaels is my trainer and she's GOOD. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred video and it's been fabulous for me! In the past, workout videos haven't worked. I ran cross country in high school and so exercise to me is an outdoor activity and I don't get how you can break a sweat indoors and get results. BUT when it's cold... that's another story so I'm learning how to do it! I'd rather run 4 miles in 105 degree weather than 20. I took a week long break from the video because Mr. Bingley came to town. HA! That was what my roommates and I called our monthly monster my freshman year at BYU. I don't remember why.. but he had a Scottish accent, I think. Becky... why did we call it that again??? Anyway.. that is what started the funk but today, I SHREDDED again and it was AWESOME. I have been eating better, applying bits of the Weight Watchers philosophy without actually attending meetings and paying the fees. I think it's working! I have, since Jan 6th, lost 7 pounds and a total of 3 inches from various places on my body. ;) My pants fit a little better and hopefully, in no time at all, they won't fit at all!! The video is on sale right now at Target for $9! You should all go out and get it! :)

Also, my brother-in-law just joined the Marines, and I'm SO EXCITED for him! This is going to be an awesome opportunity for him. He has to get in tip top shape so he asked me today to start running with him everyday. This kid hasn't gone running in like a year and busted out a 6 1/2 minute mile.. MINE IS LIKE 15. He's going to kick my butt. I really want to try and run a half marathon this summer and Kade.. you better help me get there!!! He doesn't read this blog so I'll just have a little talk with him tomorrow. I'm really excited about the running... not the cold. I HATE COLD WEATHER. It's no secret to anyone I know though. I'm a grump when it snows.

We have our Follow-Up Clinic for Darbi next Friday and I want her to show off for all her doctors so I'm working super hard with her. We had her 12 month checkup last week and she weighed 14 pounds 9 ounces. We lost a little weight in December but our pediatrician isn't so worried. She was eating solids extremely well while we were in AZ but once we came home.. she was not interested at all. I have to sing, play airplane, and keep all other distractions to a minimum just to get her to even think about opening her mouth. This was a HUGE step backwards for us. I spoke with the Dr. about it and he said the is common... and we know that but it's still not fun. So we try a solid in the morning, rotating between a fruit, a veggie, and rice/oatmeal cereal, she gets a bottle of breastmilk fortified with 26 kcal Nutramigen with her vitamins in the evening and she nurses for every other meal. Hopefully she gains a lot this month. We also found out today that with our new insurance, each month we have to pay 20% of our Synagis shot each month. :( That is a hefty amount.. UGH. I hate bills.

I'll get some pictures up of our lives from the last few weeks soon. Maybe tonight... but probably tomorrow. :)

5 Wisecracks:

Mel H. said...

I totally totally understand the cold-weather funk. I suffer from it too. I get downright miserable on days like today when the temp is below 20 and the wind is biting. I sent you an email this morning with an org that can help reimburse Synagis co-pays. Give it a whirl, it may work out. Can't wait to see pix of Big D. xo.

Team Skousen said...

Good for you!!! I heard that video is awesome, I should pick it up. I too have been in a funk. What is it about January?? I have just been watching movies while the projects pile up. Can't wait to see more pics of the Darb-ster. She's adorable!

Megan B ♥ said...

Yeah, you'll notice my blog has been neglected as well. Dang January.... you are doing so GREAT with the SHREDDING!! We must stick together to the bitter BITTER end... in our swim suits :)

The Marines??? Didn't see that one coming.

Synagis copays? Don't you mean the Synagis car payment? LAAAAAAAAME.

Speaking of lame, Megan called me today. Primary's has kidnapped Lincoln AGAIN, if you can believe it, and I KNOW you can.

Deidre said...

Those winters are rough and I struggle with them in Boston. I'm really amazed at how much a winter here in Phoenix does for the soul. My kids are happier and so am I. I'm not sure how to get around it though, most places have really yucky winters and I don't know where we'll end up.

Karalee said...

Will medicaid pay for your synagis shots? I know Joshua qualified for medicaid (without looking at our income) because he was in the hosptial so long. And Darbi was there even longer than Joshua. I hope someone will, those shots are expensive.