Dear Stupid Opinionated Lady - I don't want to hear it.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Today I was in a craft store standing in the check out line and this lady felt the need to stick her face in the tiny 6 inch opening on my stroller (covered to keep crazies like her out!) and sneak a peak at Darbi.. I bit my tongue as she backed away and started to ask me questions about my baby. I try to be vague because people want to know everything when I say just a little.. D was looking super tired because yesterday she had her flu shot and last night was a NIGHTMARE. Fevers, achiness, gassiness, sleeplessness.... I got 4 hours of sleep in 1 hour increments... anyway.. I said "oh she's super tired today because she got her flu shot yesterday..." The lady then proceeded to tell me about all the horrible things that happen to every baby she knows that gets immunizations. ARGH!!!! That's fine if you think immunizations are bad... THAT'S FINE. But for me and my baby RIGHT NOW we need them. In my opinion, for this particular child... which happens to be MINE, it's better to have them than not. Maybe with my next child, I will reconsider after I do more research but for now, to the ignorant lady in the craft store.. GO AWAY AND KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.

4 Wisecracks:

Audrey said...

I hate stupid people who think that they need to give advice all the time! SUPER ANNOYING. You would think that she would realize that a mother is already doing what she thinks is best for her child. DUH!

jessica said...

My fav quote from this post, "This child...WHO HAPPENS TO BE MINE." Haha...love you! And I have severe asthma and still have to get immunizations and just fyi, the criticism never goes away. Ugh1

Daphne said...

An Open Letter to Stupid Opinionated Lady:

Dear Creature from the Dark Side of Hell,

I was thinking about you and your timely advice about immunizations and such the other day. I got to thinking how wonderful it would be if you spent some time in another country where there is no immunization for small pox and tb and malaria and other things. I'm sure you would be able to tell the sick and affected people what a great decision they made when they "chose" not to get those yicky life-saving immunizations.

How stupid of anyone to presume that they know better than you do what is best for their children. Please create some kind of seminar series I can attend. Make sure you charge a lot for it. Your precious advice is worth mines of gold.

Oh and by the way? What sort of medical degree did you say you had?

Sincerely,

Daphne Lofgreen

p.s. i hope you were at the craft store to buy yarn for knitting yourself a cutesy noose :)

Daphne said...

p.p.s. I love creative writing.