These Tonka Trucks are for Big Boys

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The other day, Clint took the driving portion of his CDL test and passed!! He wasn't worried at all but I was super nervous. Those trucks are HUGE!!! No, my husband is not going to be a full time trucker... or even a part time trucker!!! He only needs it because his new job sometimes requires him to drive the dump truck, the street sweeper, or the snow remover.

So because I'm a big scrapbooker turned blogger/still kind of scrapbooker, I HAD to have a picture of him standing next to his 100% MAN truck! (It's huge!!)


Clint only works like 1/4 mile from our house so I loaded Darbi up in the stroller and we took a walk down to see Daddy. We took the picture and because I knew Clint was so excited about his CDL, I wanted him to do the "Toyota jump" in front of the truck!! You know.. the jump from those old commercials where they are so excited because they drive a Toyota?? Or something... Maybe it wasn't even a Toyota ad. That's all I remember from my childhood days of watching tv..

ANYWAY. He said no. And I said YOU HAVE TO. And he said FINE. And then he proceeded to stand around for 5 more minutes waiting for no one to be around.. namely any co-workers who would laugh. I didn't care though. I HAD to have the shot! So I put my camera on the mult. pic setting and was ready... He finally did it and I. MISSED. THE. SHOT. I was so mad. So I tried to get him to do it again. About 2 minutes had passed... he was so close to doing it again when 2 of his co-workers pulled up laughing hysterically!!! They saw us walk over to the truck and from the very beginning watched us from afar. It was awesome!!! He was so embarrassed but not mad. Yet he still wouldn't do it again...

2 Wisecracks:

Megan B ♥ said...

I'll say it again. Clint is a scrapper's dream come true.

Team Skousen said...

That is too funny! Haha...