One step closer to crawling!!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I've been saying for weeks that Darbi is soooo close to crawling. Normally... for a normal baby, that would be accurate. Soooo close for us really like 2 months away! But we are making progress! Clint thought it will be helpful (hilarious...) to use a laser pointer to get D where we want her. :) It's pretty dang funny but I don't know if it will work like we want. She has mastered getting from all 4's (I have to put her there) back on to her bum! This is a HUGE deal!! Most babies born at full term can easily put two and two together to figure out crawling. We have to practice each individual step over and over and over. Even then, it still won't click. You don't realize it but there are like 20 different movements to get a baby into the crawling position!! (maybe not 20.. but still.. it's tough!) We are making progress and I'm sure any day (week) we will be crawling! :)

My voice is kind of annoyingly loud... sorry! :)

5 Wisecracks:

Karalee said...

Wow she holds her self up really well. Now if she can just put her strength into moving you will be really busy. She is really cute, it was fun watching your video.

Aimee said...

She's doing really well... go Darbi!

Mel H. said...

SO SO cute. And I totally know what you mean. Every little step that just comes naturally to a "normal" baby, has to be taught. Daphne also plops her hands forward from sitting position and proceeds to get really frustrated that she can't figure out the next step. They'll get there, in their own time.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Cute video! I would say she will get it very soon! I can totally relate to you on that!! You never realize how many steps a baby has to learn before they master a milestone or a simple task. For most babies it takes one time and they can do it. Nixon takes an extra long time to figure things out! Literally he will seem like he is about to do it any day and then just like you said 2 months later he finally does!! I have to admit I have gotten frusterated here and there just because I can tell how badly he is trying to figure it out and wanting to do it and yet its so hard for him to grasp on how to!! His brain has to work so much more harder to teach his body what to do! Nixon crawled before he could sit up all by himself!! He blew all his therapists and doctors away! What helped him a lot was a creepster crawler that they used in pt every week. Boy did he hate that thing, but it helped him. And when we were at home I made my own with rolled up sheets and put them under and around him and did kind of the same thing as the creepster crawler.

Megan B ♥ said...

I am SO SO SOOOOOOO impresseed! I just made Crew watch the entire video... He loved it :)