Great Grandma's Chair

Tuesday, November 10, 2009



She's still looking kinda small.. Our nurse came by the other day and weighed her. She's 13 pounds 8 ounces and 10 months old.. She stil HATES tummy time but will actually lift her head and sometimes smile. However, she doesn't use her arms AT. ALL. She doesn't get it. So we're going to try sitting up by resting her on her hands like a little monkey to see if she gets it. It makes me laugh when I set her on the couch or in a chair and she starts to tip.. she doesn't try and stop herself but just turns her head to the side and falls. She always smiles while she does it because I'm laughing at her. It's not encouraging I know but she's just so funny!

5 Wisecracks:

The Robisons said...

She is such a little cutie. I still love those cheeks!

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Um, she is like, the cutest thing ever. Ha! What a funny little girl!

Team Skousen said...

Oh I like your new blog design!

Megan B ♥ said...

One thing our PT taught us was to sit Crew on our knee and then slowly/gently tip him from side to side so that he gets the idea that he's supposed to try to start self-correcting his balance. It seems to have really helped him lately. He didn't give three figs when we first started. Now he totally tries to get his head perpendicular to the floor as we go over.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Nixon had the smae issue with putting his hands out. He wasnt aware the space around him. I would say that what Megan B suggested. This is what we did with Nixon and it did help. The best way for me was to sit on the floor in indian style and then sit him on the edge of my knee and place my hands on his hips and push my hands kind of firmly on them and then gently bounce my knee and wants he got more control that way I would bounce it more fast or tilt his body more.