Black Friday for this Newbie

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I've never done Black Friday before. The stress of trying to get the best deal stresses me out TO THE MAX. I can literally feel my blood pressure going up because of it.. But my friend Amy said she wanted to do it and because I'm such a good friend :) I went! She needed a Cricut and Walmart had them for $189 at midnight. All of their big ticket items went on sale at 5AM so we missed out on all the crazies which was WAY nice! We showed up at 1030 just to be safe and scouted out our deals. We each got smokin' cheap movies and a blender (which I only bought because it was $13 and I was caught up in the joy of black friday cheapness.. after I realized I already own a blender and had to take it back Friday night. I'm SUCH a nerd!!)




We left around 230, went to lunch with her hubs because he had to work on that unfortunate night, and then headed over to Kohl's for their 4AM sale. They had a sewing machine for $50!! Since I don't know how to sew, I figured a cheap one bought with a gift card was as good a time as any to learn! We only had to wait outside for about 45 minutes but it was dang cold.. and the people inside were crazy! Grabbing everything they could and running around like crazy! But we are SO doing it again next year! I may even snatch all my stuff up, go hide it in a cooler, and go back later to buy it when the lines aren't crazy (Heather... you're a genius!)!!

4 Wisecracks:

Daphne said...

I love that you and Goffy went on a Black Friday spree together. I miss you guys!

Megan B ♥ said...

"I've never done Black Friday before. The stress of trying to get the best deal stresses me out TO THE MAX. I can literally feel my blood pressure going up because of it."

I could have written that myself. I will tell you that this post has caused me to do some pondering...

Team Skousen said...

Ohhh look at all those DVDs! Wal mart had CHEAP ones, but we didnt show up until 12pm so we missed it. haha..ooops!

The Grady's said...

I've still not done the "black friday" thing...the whole concept freaks me out! I just know I'll get trampled!