Sitting? Almost!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

For the last month, we've been working really hard at getting Darbi to sit up by herself... hence the Bumbo purchase a few weeks ago. She's been doing alright at balancing herself while sitting on our laps but while on the floor, she tends to fall right over.. or last about a minute before she does. Today we had our Welcome Baby nurse come by and she started working with her. Darbi did so well and sat up with only a little help every few minutes!! She is such a show off. Since our nurse left this afternoon, Darbi ONLY wants to sit up! She gets so mad if I leave her laying down or even leaning on my tummy while sitting on my lap! She makes faces and grunts and reaches her arms out for someone to pull her up if she can't do it herself. I love how quick she learns these things! She's not using her arms to catch herself if she begins to fall so that is where she is lacking. She doesn't get how those work in lifting herself up. Tummy time is still dreadful...



It doesn't look like it but she's sitting up and away from the back of her chair. It was a bit hard to feed her tonight because she was so focused on sitting up. And finally, on Sunday night, she started to open her mouth in anticipation of a spoonful of rice cereal AND swallow almost all of it on the first try!! Yesterday I added a bit of mashed up banana and she LOVED IT. We tried that a while back but she was so against eating this way, she couldn't even tell. So. Bananas. That's the key..

AAAAANNDD.... I leave on Saturday for sunny, beautiful, 70-degree, love of my life PHOENIX. I can't wait. :D

5 Wisecracks:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Okay, your Darbi is too cute. Audrey, I think it's safe to say that your Darbs has a mind of her own. :) I love babies. She is sooooooo cute.

Good for her and the progress she's making with sitting! That's so exciting! And eating too! Wow! That girl is kickin' some boo-tay!

I'm still not feeling well. I'm not sure if I'll get to see you guys before you head out. I'm crossing my fingers though... :)

Mel H. said...

Awwwww, it totally looks like she is sitting up away from the bouncer. What a good girl! Our D is doing better on the Bumbo and also has pretty good balance on our laps. She is also a lover of bananas ;-) They would have a good time together.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Darbi is so cute! Thats great that she is wanting to sit up all by herself now and that she is wanting to eat rice cereal!! Its like she reached two big milestones at once!! Way to go Darbi!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Just look at her leaning away from the bouncer! Holy smokes, I don't even know how that's physically possible! Go, Darbi! She is really so so so sweet and cute.

Aimee said...

YAY for sitting! Way to go, Darbi!