Darbi's First Christmas

Friday, December 25, 2009

Last Christmas... I was 22.5 weeks pregnant. I was just barely showing. Most of it was probably swelling. That morning was the first and only time Clint ever felt Darbi kick!

Having a baby around makes Christmas so much more fun! I can't wait to start traditions with her as she gets older.. I'm already bookmarking ideas in my head as I hear about them. I seriously can't wait!!!

We started Christmas Eve out finishing last minute stocking stuffers and cleaning the house.. sorta. :) For dinner we had finger foods - meat balls, mozzarella sticks, tiny hot dogs, spinach artichoke dip, and 6 layer dip from Costco - then we played games when we should have been wrapping presents. Clint and I started a tradition when we first got married where we go to Denny's on Christmas Eve super late at night but we had too much going on and didn't start wrapping presents until 9:30!

I think Darbi could sense the excitement and stress of the evening because lately, she's been consistently going to sleep around 9 and last night, she went down at 9:30, woke up a half hour later and was up until 1:30. She wasn't even tired though. It wasn't like she was fighting to stay awake. She just plain was awake.. It has made for a weird day for her today though. She woke up at 3:30, 6:30, and again at 8:30 when my Mom came in and got her so I could sleep in a little.

Clint and I got up around 9 (everyone else was already awake...) and after we all showered, we opened presents. Darbi was SO tired but didn't want to sleep and she wasn't even cranky. She was really good about staying focused while helping Clint and I unwrap her gifts with her.





My dad made our traditional Christmas morning breakfast - fried eggs, cinnamon twists, pork chops, biscuits and gravy, and orange juice. This year we had freshly juiced OJ from my mama's new juicer! Dad got one for Mom and also for Clint and I and I am SO EXCITED about it.

Juicing - so hot right now. It's gonna be awesome.

1 Wisecracks:

Megan B ♥ said...

Ooooooooh, juicing!! That makes me very very thirsty to read about it.

Do you suppose Darbi saw Santa? Sure sounds like she was trying hard!