Carrots

Saturday, December 19, 2009

We've been slowly integrating baby food into Darbi's diet. Mostly, she'll do ok with it but, at most, will only eat 1/4 to 1/3 of the jar - then she's done. We tried carrots for the first time and I was sure she would hate them! I warmed it up just a tiny bit and she didn't mind them at all. So I just kept feeding them to her straight from the jar after she finished off the stuff in the bowl. She went crazy!! It took carrots to get her to open her mouth in anticipation for the spoon and she finished off the entire jar!! The ENTIRE jar!!

Unfortunately, I only brought one cannula and the carrots stained it orange. That lead us on a hunt to all medical supply stores trying to find an infant cannula. No place around here has infant cannulas!! Because we're close to Sun City, 98% of the people on oxygen are old!! We either had to order it online or they said we had to have a prescription to buy an infant cannula! Ridiculous. We finally got one and they actually gave it to us for free so we got lucky. No more orange cannulas!!





3 Wisecracks:

Becky Bean said...

LOVE the pics! She's so cute!!!

Mel H. said...

Could she be any cuter???? I can't believe she polished off the jar, that's amazing. D likes carrots too - I roasted some carrots and parsnips the other day and pureed for her. It was almost too sweet for me, but she loved it.

Megan B ♥ said...

Ha ha! Carrot cannula. I thought it was bad that it stained Crew's FACE.