My Craft On

Saturday, June 13, 2009

I decided to get a little crafty tonight.. outside of my comfort zone. Paper crafting? No problem.. Anything requiring needles or thread.. kind of a problem. So tonight I made a cute rufflie headband, I crocheted an iPod sleeve, and I learned how to crochet flowers courtesy of You Tube! Tomorrow UVU is doing a mock shooter situation and Clint has to help barricade the roads and tonight they had to set up. I tried to spend my time along wisely. My crochet technique isn't so good.. so don't judge! :)

10 Wisecracks:

The Alleman Family said...

Cute hair accesories! You should make them and I will put them in the salon and sell them for you. You have time to do that right? LOL!

Jen Howick said...

your crocheting abilities are a million times better than mine! i can't tell you how many times i've tried to learn! adoro!!!

Semi Granola Mom said...

One can combine both, I crochet around cards or matts for layouts and it looks AMAZING :) if I do say so myself :)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/sclewis_family/ctmh/S5031337.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/sclewis_family/cwc/S5031701.jpg

~C

The Thueson's said...

Very cute!! I want to make the last one :) Isn't crocheting SOOOO fun! I want to make some of THESE!

http://rosehip.typepad.com/rose_hip_blog/

where she scallops around the edges of blankets, pillows, etc. CUTE!

Semi Granola Mom said...

Thanks for teh comment on my blog :)
A girl in my CTMH unit taught us how to do it and I have used it on so many things since. The one is a post it pad cover, the other was a card, I forgot to mention that.

So if you already know how to crocheted it will be easy to impliment, and it looks awesome, especially like around a blessing pic or what not :)
~C

The Robisons said...

I love the button on the ipod case. Too bad you don't have a blue wall behind you in the headband pic. You can borrow mine next time if you need. Looks great! I wish I could be a stay at home crafter.

Megan B ♥ said...

You are so totally hot in your new headband. And I absolutely LOVE that you crocheted an ipod case! I never would have thought of it! You'd better get crackin' on headbands for the Darbster. I have a feeling she's going to need some head decor for a while before her luscious locks come in...

Audrey said...

I have no words. I'm so proud!!! I'm so happy that you have expanded your ways of getting your craft on. And through association, because we are one, I feel like I have expanded craft knowledge.

jenny said...

So cute! Look at you:)

Stephanie said...

Everything turned out so cute. I want to see how you did the headband. I'm impressed with your craftiness! :)