Freedom Festival

Friday, July 3, 2009

We hit up Provo's Patriotic Hot Spot tonight. I knew it would be the slowest of the 3 days and I needed some 4th of July festivities in my blood bad. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4th of July. I love finding cheap 4th of July clothes and putting fun ribbons in my hair and painting my toes amazing shades of turquoise but mostly I think I love it because it's so close to my birthday! It's like the whole nation is celebrating for me!! I wish my birthday was actually on the 4th like my super lucky roomie and D's bestie's mom... confusing?? but I'll just have to settle for the 6th.


We strapped Darbi in her stroller and cautiously went for a stroll around the booths. We kept our GIANT container of hand sanitizer near and used it VERY often. I love my face in this picture below.. If you get near me with a cold.. or get near me at all... I'll kick you in your shins.. as per Ashley's instruction. :)


Here is D peeking out from her little cocoon.. The poor kid is going to grow up and be the "weird" kid in class who can't socialize. We'll cross that bridge when we need to.. when her immune system is ready for germy friends.

5 Wisecracks:

Becky Bean said...

Ah! Fun! I remember it well... And, yes, my birthday is admittedly better than all other birthdays (unfortunately, that includes July 6) but that won't stop me from calling you repeatedly just to wish you a happy birthday. And if you don't pick up, thats okay, I'll just leave messages. And if you don't listen to them, that's okay too. Now I'm sad.

Becky Bean said...

Oh yeah, and you look so cute in your pics! And I love little D peeking out of her cocoon.

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I didn't realize it, but your birthday is the same day as my daughter Kirsta's birthday. We are celebrating it on Monday. My brother's birthday is actually on the 4th, but this will be his first year celebrating as a REAL American, as we were all born in Canada, and he was the first to become a citizen - last year! Happy 4th and Happy Birthday!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I meant to say we are celebrating Kirsta's birthday Saturday, as Monday is busy - Sirie has a 5-hour HSM2 practice - she will be peforming in Farmington on July 9, 14, 16, and 18.

Megan B ♥ said...

We'll just call her Bubble Girl! LOL!! I LOVE that picture of you glaring at the germy crowds! Priceless!