Hot Hot Heat

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sweet baby D hit 10 pounds today! Here is a picture to show off her 9 extra pounds gained in the last 7 months. Look at those tummy rolls!



She's naked because she is fat and I love it. She also naked because it is too. dang. hot. I'm from AZ. I know heat. The amazing feeling of heat goosebumps when you open the front door and go from an ice cold AC'd house to a 400 degree oven... ahh. I love that. But this.. a screaming baby in a house where (I'm speculating my LL's have gone out of town and turned off their AC) it is incredibly hot with a sick husband who can't come near me to give me any escape.. AND our car's are without AC which means there is REALLY no escape.. and it's taking its toll on me. My head is pounding and my eyes are burning and the last few days have taken us over 100 degrees here in UT. For a few of those days, it was cooler outside.

UGH. D will be sleeping in just a diaper tonight and I confess.. I'm considering my birthday suit also. :)

7 Wisecracks:

Alison said...

so sorry!

I was supposed to be in Utah this week. IF I was there, I would so go to Costco and buy you one of those amazing tall skinny fans.

Blame Kaleigh and her knee.

Sorry.

Justina Selim said...

Yay for 10 pounds! I hate the heat too! Ughh! We had Aiden sleep in his diaper too when he was younger. He would get soo hot at night and wake up in a puddle of sweat. His sheets were so stinky, haha!

Aimee said...

YAY for chunky babies! She is too, too cute!!

Sorry about the heat... you should visit Chicago - it didn't even hit 80 yesterday. We've had a weird, cool summer, which is A-OK with me. I can appreciate this, all while dreading the month we'll spend this winter below 0.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that adults are germ free. That's a good thing since Clint is sick every other week! :D I wish I could help you out by offering my AC home but my kids are always home. Maybe if they wore face masks and had hand sanitizer slathered all over them, it might coax you otherwise LOL Let me know when they will be able to hold Darbi...they've been asking me when they can see their little cousin YAY!!!

Aimee said...

I was thinking about you this morning while I was holding my sweaty baby before our A/C finally kicked on. Being hot is the worst!
And, I can only imagine how much more trapped you must feel knowing that you can't take Darbi out and about as much as you would like to.
Being a fellow preemie mom, I am apprehensive every.single.time we leave the house with Connor, especially when I know how dangerous it is out there, germ-wise, and how some risks aren't worth taking. We're only just barely taking Connor out more, but we are always trying to avoid situations or places with lots of people or especially children around. And, I suspect we'll be avoiding them for a long time to come.
Here's wishing your "confines" were a little bit cooler!

Becky Bean said...

I love going outside and realizing that it's actually hotter inside my house....priceless and I know how it goes!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh NO!! I wish I had seen this before! I would insisted you come hang out in a germ-free corner of our house!!! Call me! She is beautifully FAT! Crew spends a LOT more time naked than either of my other kids. I just love seeing his rolls :)