A gift card well spent... hopefully.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I have finally spent my gift card to Barnes & Noble! I'm really excited about this book too. I have spent so much time researching different books and reading reviews (because I don't spend money on just ANY book.. it has to be THE book..) and all of that went down the drain when I read this interview with Christopher Moore. I was so intrigued that I went out and picked up A Dirty Job. When I saw the title of one of his books.. I knew I had to at least give this guy a shot: "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff: Christ's Childhood Pal" Biff?? Christ's best friend growing up? BIFF?? Really? I've GOT to know more. He writes comedic fiction and I find that very interesting because it takes a skilled writer to be able to make people laugh simply through their writing. It's easy for comedians and actors to visual portray clever writing but to rely solely on the imagination of your readers and have so many of them find you funny, I think, is talent.

Anyway, the reviews were all great so we will see... Thanks for everyone's recommendations though! I've got a list going... It will keep me busy for a while.

Darbi is doing great! She's getting fluids, gaining weight.. being a baby. She had her arterial line taken out permanently which means more milk and more calories! We may have some good news coming Monday but I don't want to jinx it.. I'll hold off. :)

1 Wisecracks:

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, can't wait for the review!