A little bit of weight gain!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I wasn't going to post anything today because it was pretty uneventful but after my work meeting tonight I called Darbi's nurse and she has some awesome news for us! Darbi is at 800 grams!!!! Last I knew was before her first surgery and she was somewhere around 690 grams. She's almost 1 pound 12 ounces and has almost doubled her weight since birth! EC-static!!!

The nurse had some unofficial results on the brain ultrasound today: the ventricles in her brain are *slightly* larger. What does this mean? BEATS ME. Doesn't sound so good and they are now measuring her head every day instead of once a week to make sure it's not swelling up. I will know more tomorrow and hopefully her ventricles are just bigger because her head is bigger because SHE'S 800 GRAMS NOW!! Keep praying for her.. we appreciate every single one and I know they are working!

Want to see something cute? Check out this little guy.. We met these friends of ours in the NICU and they are going home soon! Isn't he so sweet? Like a little stuffed animal in that car seat. I can't stop looking at this picture!

1 Wisecracks:

Megan B ♥ said...

Three cheers for fat babies!