4 pounds and horns

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We are 4 pounds 1 ounce tonight! I'm not sure if we will be moving to the crib tomorrow but it will be in the next 2 or 3 days. So funny story: my baby grew horns today as per a conversation between Darbi's nurse and her 4 year old grandson.

Shelley: Good morning (insert a cute little boy's name to be used as her grandson)!

Shelley's Grandson: Morning Grandma! So you know that baby you are taking care of?

S: Yes?

SG: Hurry and go look at her!

S: Why?

SG: Because she grew horns today!!

S: (pause & silent giggle) I know.

SG: (silence)

S: (cute boy's name)?

SG: Um... (more silence) April Fools!!!

I thought that was pretty cute! I didn't have any ideas for a good April Fools' joke today. I think I need to plan a year in advance. I won't get around to it. Meh.
Being sick is still no fun. My head is foggy and I'm tired. I miss Darbi.

[edited] Eye exam last night (4/1) = still no surgery! Next check in a few more days.

1 Wisecracks:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Yay for being over 4 pounds! Yay for no eye surgery! Yay for way funny and super cute April Fools jokes!!! That is the cutest story ever!

Are you doing okay? Would some soup or something help? Seriously. I'm so here for you. I hope you get over whatever it is you have. I'm so sorry that it's stuck with you for so darn long.