She loves her Daddy

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I can't believe I haven't blogged since Monday! So sorry. We've just been working hard at this whole breastfeeding thing. She's doing better I guess. Some of the OT ladies (Occupational Therapy) kinda stress me out. They are kind of harsh with how they handle Darbi. Today Ms. OT kept shoving me into Darbi's mouth while Darbi is screaming her brains out and at the same time, telling me not to shove but to go at Darbi's pace. I was getting upset because I hate to see Darbi scream like that. It was making breastfeeding not a good experience for either of us. After my session with her, Darbi would not stop crying. I tried everything while I was holding her and nothing worked. We tried putting her back in her bed swaddled real tight with her binky but still, she screamed. So then Clint says "Give her to me." And...

She was out. :) I have to work with OT again tomorrow so hopefully Clint comes with me to use his magic daddy touch to calm her down.

6 Wisecracks:

Becky Bean said...

That's what daddies are for!!

Megan B ♥ said...

oh NO! I was really hoping that this would be smooth for you :( This is starting to sound more like my disaster with Kinley than my almost-success with Crew. The only time she would cry was when I was trying to breastfeed her. It made me feel like a heel. UGH. Good luck today!! Hopefully she'll be in a more accepting mood and she'll just latch on! Come on, Darbi! Eat that boobie! EAT IT!

hendywow said...

There is just something about Daddy's and thier little girls...

Deidre said...

And with the breastfeeding...even thought it is a unique situation and the help and advice is great sometimes MOTHER KNOWS BEST!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

The same thing happened with with Kennedy, the lactation consultant was very rough and I hated it. If the OT does that again tommorrow & Darbi gets really upset tell to stop doing that & tell her the reason why. Tell her that she being way to rough to your baby & your not comfortable with it. Moms know whats best for their babies even if its there first time being a Mom. You knew thats why Darbi was really upset because she hated it. She has already had to go through enough, why not make sure that breastfeeding is a nice bonding relaxing thing, not something to be forced. Im so sorry that happened!!:( Nixons OT did rough forceful stuff like that and I would tell him that if I didnt like it then they werent going to do it or they had to find a better way of doing it. If you get stressed out because they are being that way while Darbi is trying to learn how to eat then just say I would like to be alone and try it by myself. Hope everything goes better today! Good Luck!!
~Shari

Melissa said...

I had the same situation with the lacation consultant in the hospital. Jolie was SCREAMING and they just kept shoving me into her... I was like HELLO this not working!!! She finally got the hang of it though after a few times. I bet that made Clint feel so good that she cuddled right up to him and loves him so much!