3 steps forward & 1 step back

Sunday, March 8, 2009


That's right.. My sweet girl is back on the CPAP. The cannula wasn't doing a very good job at keeping her lungs all the way open and it was wearing her out a bit. When I came to the hospital today she was very very fussy so the nurse sat me right down and put her in my arms. She calmed down so quick! Made me feel so good!! We snuggled for about 2 hours.. She's had a taste for what life is like without an elephant nose and I'm thinking this second time on the CPAP won't last long. I hope she can get her act together. Last night, the doctor informed us that she really does have an infection. Antibiotics were started yesterday and hopefully it will kick it. The doctor mentioned something about NEC and I had a minor panic attack. If she has NEC, we may need surgery which means another trip to Primary. I say NO WAY. I don't think it is that bad because she's still getting milk and digesting it just fine which is a good sign. I think we will just be waiting a day or two to see how she reacts to the antibiotics.

2 Wisecracks:

Aimee said...

Oh, I hope it's not NEC! Connor got NEC, and they stopped his feedings completely. I'd be really surprised if they continued to feed her and she had it. (Our understanding is that the feedings would only make the infection worse.) Praying for all of you...

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

I hope your little Darbi pulls through this. She's been doing so well! I know she'll get through this and be okay.

I'm not surprised that she calmed when she was finally snuggled up to her mommy. Isn't that the greatest feeling?

I hope you are doing well. I'm hoping to make it to the hospital this week to finally meet that sweet li'l girl of yours!

I'm praying for you, Clint, and sweet Darbi.