Darbi's Eyes - workin' hard

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ok.. are you ready for this? I'm serious.. I am about to BLOW YOUR MIND. That's right.. just as we all prayed and fasted for (thank you all SO much..) Darbi does NOT. NEED. SURGERY. There really is nothing this little girl cannot do. The doctor told me that there was approximately a 2% chance that she would not need surgery. WOW.

The doctor came in to see her tonight around 9:15ish while I waited in the Parent Lounge. I came in after the Parent Network ladies came and told me they were done (with sly little smiles on their faces... they knew already.. I'm sure). I came to the hospital ready for the long haul in case surgery was tonight (aka: wearing my pj's... I'd actually been in them all day...) and when I turned to corner to get to Darbi's bedside, my nurse turned to me and said NO SURGERY!! I couldn't believe her! I was giddy!! I ran out into the hallway to call Clint and look for the eye doctor to get his official report. For those of you who understand the details of ROP, she was in Zone 2, Stage 2 and had gotten to that point rather rapidly. The doctor was expecting it to be further into Zone 2, possibly Zone 1 and when he came to check on her, she was still the same. Zone 2, Stage 2. He said that this was excellent news. Her body has stopped the ROP progression which means that it will likely get better. Surgery is not needed and he will come in to check her again Friday or Saturday.

I have been stressing about this whole eye ordeal since last Wednesday, when we first learned about it, and now I feel SO much better. I was able to go grocery shopping on my way home and actually think about grocery shopping!! I'm a little exhausted from worrying about it all day and cannot wait to go to sleep. I am SO proud of my little girl! This day is perfect but the only thing to make it better would be a weight gain of 3 pounds.. Not going to happen today. But I wouldn't put it past her for another day. ;)

8 Wisecracks:

Alison said...

I actually cried at this news. Thanks for the good-night send off for me! I'm so happy for you and for little Darbi.

Hope you sleep well tonight.

Megan B ♥ said...

YAY YAY YAY for answered prayers!!

paul & ashlee said...

paul and i are so happy for you about this. i love you guys and are thrilled that you have THE strongest and most determined baby i have ever seen! i wish my cold would go away so i can come and see her. i love prayers and blessings...raise the roof for darbi!
-ash

Debbie, Taylor and Raygan said...

Good Job Darbi!! I don't think that will improve your driving much though, you are still a woman born in Utah! HA HA There isn't anything that is impossible with a little prayer and the right attitude! Keep up the good work. Love Always, Debbie, Taylor and Raygan

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Congrats!!! How exciting. Its so amazing on how prayers and blessings work!!! Im so happy for you guys!!
Shari

Andre, Melissa and Jolie said...

my dad and i were reading this post together and we both chills and were so emotional! We are so pround of little darbi! Heavenly Father is really watching after her!

Justina Selim said...

Yay for no surgery! That is great news!

chadandrach said...

Such a cute baby! What a miracle for you guys. Still praying for Darbi and hope u guys are doing good. Have some Mi Ranchito for us, that was some good food. Thanks for the introduction.