Faces of Darbi

Sunday, March 29, 2009




















































I took all of this within about a minute total.. She was being so active. I couldn't get in and touch her or hold her today (that's Clint's hand in the binky picture) and so it was fun to just talk to her and see how she would react to my voice. She threw in a few really good smiles in there between these goofy pictures but I was never ready to catch them. I woke up sick today.. Over the past year, I've gotten about 5 colds and every time I give them to my "roommate" at work, Amy. She gets so mad at me every time and this was her chance to get back at me! ;) It's ok though. I really deserve it! I bought some Zicam and hopefully I can kick it.. and hopefully I don't lose my sense of smell from it.

Darbi gained major weight tonight! She's at 1801 and now that she's there, she gets to move to a real crib! We will wait a few days to make sure it's real weight and she doesn't lose any of it. Hopefully by Thursday. She has also been on continuous feeds meaning that she gets 36cc's of milk every 3 hours and they pump it all in over the period of 3 hours so she's continuously getting fed.. Makes sense. We are going to start shortening that 3 hour pumping time to 2.5 hours so she can start to get used to eating like a normal baby. I am NOT breastfeeding 24/7. OUCH. Other than that.. she's. doing. awesome!

The picture where she is sucking her bottom lip is for you Becky! :) Her and Grace will be best friends!!

5 Wisecracks:

Alison said...

i love those pictures. so sweet.

The Alleman Family said...

Yeah for weight gain!! She is getting so big- I can't belive how much she has grown! I love the yawning picture. That is awesome she get's to move into a "big baby bed". Sorry you are sick- get feeling better.

Becky Bean said...

It's my special weekness!! Too cute! See? They're already BFF's. I should make Grace a "Darbi is my homegirl." onesie. Yes....

Megan B ♥ said...

I just LOVE THOSE LITTLE FACES!!!

Aimee said...

CUTE pics!