Falling over... or rolling over??

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Preliminary results from the gastro-enema something-or-other test that Darbi had today shows that her intestines are looking normal! Official results will be in tomorrow. Tonight she weighed 1605 grams! 3 pounds 8 ounces!! The nurse said that 200 more grams and she can legally take a ride in a car seat! Only problem... she needs to learn to eat. That's probably going to keep us here for a while. Still.. our goal is April 25th (my due date) and we're 6 1/2 weeks away. We will see...

Today, Darbi did a very grow up baby thing.. I'm not sure if we should record this as a first but WE WILL!! She rolled over today... Rolled over!! Yes, I said it... ROLLED OVER!!!! After her little enema ordeal, Darbi was pretty upset from being probed and poked and so the nurse put her on her tummy as that seems to be where is is happiest (other than Mommy's arms...). She closed the isolette and put the blanket over her to shield the light and left her for a bit while she tended to her other baby. She came back and she was on her back and laying sort of diagonally... ON HER BACK!! When they place her on her tummy, they put a rolled up cloth diaper under her so she has something comfy to form her body against and I'm sure that with all of her wiggling that helped give her something to push off of... or just roll off of. Either way.. she rolled.. so I'll take it as a first.

5 Wisecracks:

Tara Thueson said...

Hey!! So.. you barely know me. Or do you? Not really sure how to phrase that?? haha! I LOVE LOVE hearing all of your updates on your cute little Darbi!! I love how positive you are with everything!! That would be a really hard situation, but you seem to be doing great!! :) She is such a little doll... I was SHOCKED to hear that you had her a few days after I had Anisten because I remember us talking about how you weren't due for a while!!

Anyway, I have been following your blog ever since our wonderful friend Amy told me about ya! I hope things continue to go great!!

Alison said...

3 lbs 8 oz... what beautiful numbers!!! How exciting.

Way to go Darbi!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

As well you should count it! Totally acceptable! What a big growing girl! Come on, Darbs, that is such preliminary good news about your intestines, let's get cracking on the digestion, ok?

Aimee said...

What exciting news! Connor shocked us the same way about a week after he was born. It's amazing how strong such tiny little things can be.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Holy Smokes!! She is gaining a weight more quickly now! Im so excited for you guys! I lover her full cheeks!
~Shari