Tummy ache

Thursday, March 26, 2009

It feels so good when nurses come up to me and say "How'd the surgery go?" and I say "No need" and they say "No WAY!" EVERYONE seemed to know that she would be having eye surgery.. not might be having, but having. It's a good feeling.

Yesterday while I was holding her, she was looking so peaceful and so happy and out of nowhere, she started SCREAMING. I've never heard her really really cry before. It's usually a quick 30 second "stop bugging me" cry but this went on for like 10 minutes! We could not figure out what was wrong. After that 10 minutes, she seemed to calm down but mostly because she was exhausted from screaming and not because she was happy. I put the pacifier in her mouth but she wouldn't suck on it.. it just sat there in her small sad open mouth. I needed to pump so I ran down the hall real quick to relieve myself (it's funny when I put it that way... hehe) and when I came back there were 2 nurses at Darbi's bedside! They had figured out what was wrong with her... Because she let them know. So smart I tell you... While the nurse had her back turned.. Darbi ripped out her OG and OJ tubes.. She's SOOO sneaky! The nurses know that Darbi knows how to get them out so they try to watch her real close. AND she really really filled her diaper after that. She had pooped a total of 49 grams from 6am-4pm.. at 5:30, she pooped 51 grams at one time. She had a tummy ache.

This video is near the tail-end of her screaming episode.. She was getting tired at this point. We tried putting her on her tummy because she usually loves it. Not today.

7 Wisecracks:

Suzanne said...

That little cry made my chest hurt. What a sad little voice! I'm glad she figured out a way to let everyone know what was wrong. What a sweetheart.

Alisha said...

Oh, that sad little voice just hurt my heart! I'm so glad you figured out what was wrong. She's so sweet.

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

What a cute sound! I'm glad she feels better after she pooped!

Shari Romney Family!! said...

She has a great strong cry. When you hear a newborn cry it makes you feel so sad. Im sure your so happy to actually hear her cry?!?! Nixon had a silent cry until he was about one month old, then we finally could hear him, its like he didnt have a voice. In a way we were so thrilled to actually hear his voice. Darbi looks so good! Im so happy that she is doing so well.
~Shari

Nikki said...

It is a good think that all poops are not measured...

Megan B ♥ said...

I just love this little girl.

Sooooo... that sounds like a lot of poop. Are they at all concerned that she isn't tolerating?

Becky Bean said...

That cry is enough to make anyone's nose run--and you know what that means. Also, I NEED to hold her (when she's all grown and ready for stranger germs, of course. But still.)