POST #100

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here's the skinny: The doctor didn't come to check on her again last night. Our nurse called the doctor and he said that he will be coming tonight to check on her and that we all misunderstood him. He's just coming to check on her tonight and if she needs surgery, he'll do it Wednesday or Thursday. I don't know what to make of that. Either he got busy and changed his story to make it look like he didn't have time to come check on her or he really is trying to give her eyes time to fix themselves. When I talked to him last Wednesday, he made it seem like her case was extremely serious and immediate surgery would be required. It's kind of stressing me out that we are taking so long to check them again. I wonder if maybe it's because her eyes are going to fix themselves that the doctor couldn't come last night and is going to come tonight and they will be better. I don't know.. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful. Maybe that blessing Clint gave her on Friday is doing amazing things for her.. Maybe I just have a lazy eye doctor. I don't know. So I'll be at work until later this afternoon when he will come to check on her. He never gives us a time frame. Sometimes it's 3 in the afternoon... sometimes it's 8:30 at night. The nurses said that sometimes he will even do the surgery at 11:00 at night.. It's so hard because everything is so up in the air.. I just want some definite answers. So I'm glad my nurse last night got a hold of him. I hope Darbi's working hard of fixing those eyes of hers!

2 Wisecracks:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Yeah, I'm annoyed at your eye doctor too. Urg. How insensitive. He should know to give you a time frame. You could always tell him you REQUIRE to know when he will be with Darbi... :) Just an idea.

I hope her eyes fix themselves too. I really, really, REALLY hope.

I'm so glad I got to meet her. She is so adorable. Thank you so much for inviting me. It brought my heart a lot of peace.

How is her li'l bum doing? :)

Audrey said...

Oh my. That is SO FRUSTRATING. I'm sorry, pal.