Darbi Update

Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Audrey this time.. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm feeling better. My blood pressure has finally started to drop and I thought I'd post some pictures for everyone to see. We went up to see Darbi last night and the Doctor said she is doing really well for being only 23 weeks. So far her stay in the NICU has been "uneventful" which is really good and definitely what we want to hear. The nurses will start to feed her my milk in the next few days which is going to be really
crucial in her growth over the next few months. It's nice to know that I am important and can do something to help my daughter through this even if I can barely touch her.






14 Wisecracks:

Natasha & Jacob said...

Im so happy you are feeling better! She is so cute. I can't believe how tiny she is.I especially love the heart velcro things! Amy and I owe you Cafe Rio! So let us know when you want it! Love you guys!

Deidre said...

Audrey--wow. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

Jen Howick said...

Wow!!! Thanks for the hand picture - it's helpful to see how big she is in comparison cuz she looks normal size until you see her next to a hand. What a precious soul! Keep the updates coming. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Are you up for a visit this coming week?

Audrey said...

I'm still in the hospital with high blood pressure and I'm limited to family visitors right now. I'm sure once they get it under control and I'm home I'll be ready for visitors but I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers! We appreciate it so much.

Danielle said...

I'm glad your hand was in the one picture. It's hard to tell just how tiny she is without comparison. I'm glad you're feeling better! You're still in our thoughts and prayers! Thanks for keeping us all updated.

rachel b. said...

Wow, she's so bitsy! Jeff and I will definitely be praying for you and Darbi (which is an awesome name, by the way--Darcy is one of my current favorites, so of course I love a name that's 2 letters away from it!), and I hope you both are doing well and keep getting better! Do you know yet how long she'll have to stay in the hospital?

CP said...

The doctors say that she will need to stay in the NICU at least until her original due date (April 25th).

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Audrey, its so good to hear that your blood pressure has gone down, and that you are able to see your baby. That is so great that Darbi is doing so well for being only 24 weeks. She sounds like she is a strong little fighter. I want you to know that my family is praying for you and Darbi and that we held a special fast for your family today. Your family will continue to stay in our thoughts and prayers. -Shari Miller Romney!!

Alison said...

Audrey and Clint!!

Please know that you are in my thoughts and most certainly my prayers.

Sending hugs and love...

Andre, Melissa and Jolie said...

Thanks for the updates! I am so glad that you are doing better. I want you to know that we are thinking about you all the time. We are in NY for Briana's reception up here and you and little Darbi are alot of the time the center of our conversations! I am glad that Darbi's stay is un-eventful, that is great! I heard she was a little fighter and resisted intabation after birth.. my mom said that means she is strong already! She is so sweet and precious! I love the pictures of her and the hand next to her! That is great that she will soon get your milk, that will really help to make her strong and healthy! Thanks for the updates!
and p.s. Darbi is such a cute name!! :)
(Remember the last time I saw you at 4th of July and you two were talking about when you were going to have a baby, well now you do!)

Unknown said...

She's such a miracle. She's absolutely gorgeous. Amazing how perfect her little body is. Darbi and you and your family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need anything.

Natalie said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I know that this will be a trying time for you guys...I'll keep checking in on you! Just know that we're thinking about you!

The Grady's said...

Audrey,

Kevin and I are praying for you! She is such a little fighter and I know that you and Clint are strong enough to handle this. Keep the updates coming and know that Kevin and I are thinking about you and so glad that you are feeling better.

Take care!

Leslie and Kevin

PS - I do love the name - super cute!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

We are praying for you! Hang in there!