Fast For Miss Darbi!

Monday, January 12, 2009

We made our second trip today to Primary Children's Medical Center today to see Miss Darbi. I can't tell you how much better she looks now. Her skin is starting to develop, and she is starting to get more active. Audrey even got to change Darbi's diaper today!

The doctors did another head ultrasound this morning which showed some bleeding on the brain. This is very common with children this age. On her right side, her bleeding is stage 2, and on the left, it's between stage 2 and 3. Bleeding on the brain can cause everything from mild physical disabilities to severe mental disorders. We are hopeful that her body will be able to flush out the fluid and her brain will continue to grow as normal, but we won't know for several more weeks what kind of impact this will have on her life. In the mean time, Audrey and I, along with my family and her family, have decided to fast again on Wednesday for Darbi. We would love to have anyone and everyone, who is able and willing, to participate.

Other than the bleeding, Darbi is doing very well. Her vitals are strong and she looks better than ever! Below is a picture of Audrey changing her diaper and also a picture of Audrey holding her hand. It gives you a good idea of how big Darbi really is!



9 Wisecracks:

Alison said...

I love the pic of Aud and Darbi holding hands. Darbi is so perfect!!

Please know we will be praying and fasting with you on Wednesday.

Shari Romney Family!! said...

Thank you for letting us know about little Darbi and asking us to fast. We will be fasting for your family on Wednesday. Im sure Darbi's brain will be able to grow and develop the way it properly needs to. The pictures of Darbi are so precious. She is such a little miracle.
~Shari Romney

Justina Selim said...

Audrey, I haven't checked your blog for a while! I just looked at it and I was so surprised! You have a baby! She is so beautiful! I have been catching up on her story; I am so glad you and baby are doing ok! We will keep little Darbi in our prayers! I hope she continues to do well. Let me know if I can do anything at all to help. I am close and would love to!

The Grady's said...

Audrey and Clint,

Kevin and I will be fasting for you and little Darbi tomorrow. Please keep the updates coming and let us know if there is anything else we can do! We'll continue praying for your strength and her health.

We love and miss you guys!

Take care,

Leslie

The Alleman Family said...

Oh my gosh... the holding hand picture is so cute!! It really puts it into perspective just how perfect and tiny she is. I will have you guys and your sweet little girl in my prayers as I will be fasting with you on wednesday.

Dave and Billie said...

Little Darbi is an angel in our heart. You have a precious little girl that gives love to all the family. Our prayers and thoughts are always with you three. We will be more than happy to fast for little Darbi and if there is anything at all we can do, please let us know because families are forever. We love all three.

Dave & Billie

Debbie, Taylor and Raygan said...

We are fasting and praying for all of you and know that all will be well. Heavenly Father has a plan and everything will be as it should. I am very proud of the strength you have, it is a great example for all of us. We can't wait to see Miss Darbi and am grateful she is part of our family. We love you all and will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Troy and Kathy said...

We are fasting for miss Darbi today as well as strength for her very strong parents, we know all will turn out well, clint and Audrey you are so strong when we visited with you on Saturday you were so positive and upbeat. Please know that we love all three of you and hold you very dear in our hearts, as always you are in our daily prayers. Let us know if there is anything you need.

Unknown said...

I'm just reading this now but I will fast for sweet Darbi! Thanks for keeping us all updated with your blog. I think of all of you often and wish there was more that I could do. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.