quick update then off to work...

Friday, January 30, 2009

Yesterday was a good stable day for Darbi. I helped with more of her cares again (taking temps, changing diapers..) and she got some more lasix yesterday. Lasix are like super diuretic pills. She didn't gain any weight from Wednesday but she's peeing out a ton which is good. I called this morning and I guess she had a bit of a rough night. Her blood gases were all over the place. The blood gas test helps determine how much oxygen/carbon dioxide is in her blood, among other things. They changed some settings on her ventilator and she's doing better. She's been really fussy all night so they are trying to stay out of her isolette for a while to get her to calm down. She gained 30 grams yesterday though which I was kind of confused about. The lasix should be making her lose weight, yet she's still gaining. The nurse said that a lot of it is probably real weight which is awesome! That means she's up to 690 grams or 1 pound 8 ounces!!

2 Wisecracks:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Wow! Sounds like things were a bit eventful last night. I'm so sorry . These kids endure so much. They are amazing.

I read your last entry about you forgetting your pumping kit! I did that too... it was HORRIBLE! It's so painful... either way... you either pay for a new kit (super expensive, it's ridiculous) or you endure and truly feel pain. Ug.

I hope you're doing well. I have wanted to call you, but I remember feeling like the phone was my best friend, but also my enemy. It was a blessing that so many people wanted to call me, but also a curse. Do you need anything? Are you guys doing okay?

Please know that we truly care. We would be more than happy to help you in any way.

Sincerely,
Ashley Haws - your visiting teacher

PS What bed is darbi in? Mercydez was in bed 26! :)

Alison said...

Way to go Darbi!!! Nice weight gain!!