A whole new world!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Today was such a good day! I woke up and called the NICU to see how Darbi's night was and the nurse said that when she started her shift and went to check on Darbi, she was LOOKING BACK at her!!!! Her eyes opened! I was so extremely excited! We didn't think this would happen for at least a few more weeks. It was hard to get a good picture because she wouldn't keep them open for long and it was hit or miss. So instead I took some video of her stretching and trying to open her eyes. She is so dang cute!

Other good news: They did a brain scan this morning and the bleeding they found last week is going down! There is still some bleeding but they are expecting it to go down and flush itself out in the next few days! Tomorrow the surgeons will be putting some contrast dye down her esophogus to see if that hole has officially closed up and from there, they will decide if trying a feeding tube is an option one of these days. They've been doing a bunch of X-rays and there is no free air in her chest cavity which likely means the hole has closed up but the dye test is to just make sure.

12 Wisecracks:

Unknown said...

Yay Audrey!!! I'm so happy for you and sweet baby Darbi!!! She's so beautiful and truly a miracle. I have so many people praying for you guys. I hope it keeps helping! :)

I love ya.

Alison said...

Oh man... she's waving to you guys!!!

How sweet. I'm so glad for all the great news for you and little Darbi.

Jen Howick said...

bless her little heart! She's so super cute!

Alisha said...

Aw! What a little dolly. Congrats, that is such good news!

Unknown said...

That was sweet--I'm may be overly emotional but it almost made me cry. Glad she is doing well.

Becky Bean said...

How Precious!! I love her!! Gooo Darbi!

The Grady's said...

that was the sweetest little video! She looked so adorable! I am so happy to hear that she is doing so well :)

Shari Romney Family!! said...

I love the video. Its amazing on how active she is since she is so small. It seems like that she opened her eyes when she heard her Mommys voice. She looks so great! Im so glad to hear that she healing very well.
~Shari

Karalee said...

Congradulations on the milestone. It was one of my favorite. We spent forever staring at Joshua's eyes trying to figure out what color they were.

I will warn you, preemies haven't developed all their eye muscles yet, so they do some crazy things. Joshua used to go cross eyed and the opposite (both eyes rolling out). It would freak me out, but its totally normal. And it is kind of funny to watch.

Hope things keep going well.

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

She's so cute! Congrats! I'm glad she is doing so well!

paul & ashlee said...

love the video! she is so lucky to have you as parents. and i love the new blog...see you soon!
-asg

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Darbi is so precious! I'm so glad to hear things seem to be going so well! I have thought a lot about you, and even though we haven't met before, know that my thoughts and prayers truly are with you. Have you had a chance to meet Dr. Null yet? You'll have to tell him Mercydez sends her love! :)

Sincerely,
Ashley Haws (your visiting teacher)