Being pregnant makes you dumb.. but does it ever get better??

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm pooped! How did I work all day before and still get ANYTHING done?? Oh wait.. I didn't get anything done. Just a normal day I guess. Except the forgetful pregnancy disease has yet to flush out of my system. Maybe I'll just be dumb forever... I drove ALL the way to the hospital today WITHOUT my pumping kit! I was in such a rush to get out of work that I left it there! I wasn't willing to drive all the way home to get it so I made my Murse (Darbi's MAN nurse) go get me another one. Hopefully my insurance will overlook that and not charge me for it. :)

Darbi's murse let me give her a sponge bath today! I'd never been there for it and unfortunately, there was no one there to take pictures of me doing it. I got to touch her more than I have ever before but she didn't like it as much as I did. Her face was scrunched up and her mouth was wide open and her body was doing that heaving spastic back arch and I felt so bad! She was crying and I couldn't even hear her. :( The comforting mommy instinct is kicking in. I could tell that after she was much more comfortable and that made me feel better.

When they weighed her last night, she was 630 grams which meant she had gained ANOTHER 30 grams (same amount gained as the night before). The doctors seemed to think that was a lot and decided to give her a diuretic pill. I hope that's healthy for her.. I lost 35 pounds on diuretics and she can't really afford to lose any. They did say it would help to clear the fluid out of her lungs which is a good thing. I hope they're right. The murse will weigh her at 11:00 tonight so I'll see how much she's lost then.

Tomorrow is a slow day for me.. no work. Just an oil change for our old timer Shadow, a visit with Miss Darbi, Barnes & Noble to spend my GC, and then home to spend time with my hubby. I'm looking forward to tomorrow very much.. Then it's back to work on Friday!

3 Wisecracks:

Megan B ♥ said...

You just woke up my kids. I laughed WAY too loud about the "murse". Where on EARTH did you hear that phrase? Did you make that up????? Oh, I was thinking of you last week when I forgot my tubing on surgery day. I think your replacement parts are free :) :) :) I now have two sets of tubes, one that I leave IN MY BAG!

Karalee said...

I heard that you get smarter again. But I am still wailting.... 8 1/2 months later. So maybe someday.

Jen Howick said...

I'm still waiting to be smarter again too... But maybe after you are done having allll your kids, the smart brain will come back again. Let me know how it goes for you! ;)